The Scout Troop is for boys and girls between 10½-14 years.
Our Scout section meets every Tuesday evening during term time between 7pm and 9pm in the Scout Headquarters behind the Memorial Hall on Woollards Lane, Gt. Shelford.
There is a Scout Promise, which all Scouts have to know by the time they are invested:
On my honour I promise that I will do my best,
to do my duty to God and to the Queen,
to help other people and to keep the Scout Law
Scouts also have to know the Scout Law:
- A Scout is trusted
- A Scout is loyal
- A Scout is friendly and considerate
- A Scout belongs to the world – wide family of Scouts
- A Scout has courage in all difficulties
- A Scout makes good use of their time and is careful of possessions and property
- A Scout has self respect and respect for others.
The Scout motto is “
The Scout section is for young people from the age of 10½ years of age, and has a progressive training scheme. Scouts are eligible to stay in the Troop until the academic year in which they turn 14.
There are also some 75 proficiency badges that can be gained should the Scouts wish.
The Scouts are split into Patrols of 6 to 8. Each Patrol is led by a Patrol Leader (PL) and an Assistant Patrol Leader (APL).